Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Subwoofer?
- 2 Why you should have a Subwoofer!
- 3 How to Pick the Best Subwoofer for Music Only?
- 4 5 Best Subwoofers for Music only
- 5 FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- 6 Conclusion
Superior bass in music is the expectation of every music lover. To tell the truth, if your music has poor bass, your listening enthusiasm is completely lost. With the development of technology, an excellent component, the subwoofer has been introduced for better bass performance in the sound. Well, before going to the main topic of our article, the best subwoofer for music only, we are giving you an idea about the subwoofer, its importance, and how you will choose a high-quality subwoofer.
What is a Subwoofer?
The subwoofer is a certain loudspeaker component designed to produce very low bass frequencies, typically 20-200 Hz. In improving bass performance, the contribution of a subwoofer is unbelievable. A surround sound setup can’t deliver many bass frequencies on its own.
Why you should have a Subwoofer!
The subwoofer is important because it allows you to deeply feel the music while it is playing on the speaker.
In audio configurations, most speakers are not powerful enough to generate all the frequencies transferred to them from a single audio source. Hence, if you don’t have a subwoofer, you will miss out on some sound. Low frequencies produce full and rich effects in music and movie soundtracks.
How to Pick the Best Subwoofer for Music Only?
- Sound Quality: The subwoofer’s high sound quality boosts bass performance. When choosing a subwoofer, ensure its sound quality.
- Size: The size of the subwoofer matters to the quality of the bass as the driver of the subwoofer makes the sound. Sufficient energy is necessary to transfer bass frequencies. So, if your driver is bigger, more energy will be released.
- Power and Volume: The power of the subwoofer must be at least 100 watts RMS so that the subwoofer can play clean and distortion-free audio at high volumes. Therefore, you need to be sure about the power and volume of the subwoofer when selecting it.
- Wired or Wireless: A wired subwoofer is connected to a wall outlet with an RCA cable, while a wireless subwoofer is connected to a power cable. The wireless subwoofer works well. However, choose your preferred type of subwoofer.
- Frequency range: A subwoofer should be able to reach the lowest frequencies as bass notes have a low frequency. So, be sure about the frequency range of the subwoofer
We are presenting here the 5 best subwoofers for music only. If you are looking for a high-quality subwoofer for enhanced bass in music, you can pick from one of 5 options.
5 Best Subwoofers for Music only
1. Polk Audio PSW10 Powered Subwoofer (Black)
Polk Audio is one of the best subwoofers for music that comes with a built-in high-current amplifier for immersive bass performance. The speaker is built with laser-based Klippel measurement technology so that it can deliver deep sound.
The exclusive dynamic balance driver and tweeter of the subwoofer allow for wide response and low distortion. Moreover, the power output of this Polk Audio subwoofer is 100 watts, which is the minimum requirement for a quality subwoofer.
- Excellent performance
- Ideal for home theatre
- Magnetically shielded enclosure for low distortion
- Rubber driver ensures reliable performance
- Small subwoofer
2. Sonos Wireless Subwoofer for Deep Bass (Black)
This is an excellent wireless subwoofer that provides you with immersive and deep bass that enhances your listening experience. If you connect the sub to your Sonos system wirelessly, you’ll experience different levels of sound in your music.
When you pair the speaker with a Sonos Beam, Playbar, or Playbase, it’ll add more dimension to your home theatre. Due to its great performance, the Sonos Wireless Subwoofer can be considered the best subwoofer for music.
- Produces pure bass
- Provides flexibility to carry the speaker anywhere
- Offers customization to set the speaker’s playing time
- Standard size speaker
- Expensive subwoofer
3. MartinLogan Dynamo 600 X 120 Watt Powered Subwoofer (Black)
MartinLogan subwoofer comes with an App control feature which ensures the great convenience of remote control via Bluetooth connection.
The best subwoofer for music gives customization of settings on night, music, and movie that gives you the added benefits. In addition, the speaker delivers a maximum power output of 120 watts RMS.
- Ideal for small room
- Deliver immersive sound
- Solidly built
- Bluetooth and USB connectivity technology
- Heavyweight subwoofer
4. Klipsch Synergy Black Label Subwoofer (Black)
The Klipsch Synergy is a highly efficient subwoofer that produces remarkably deep bass with a maximum power output of 200 watts of continuous power and 400 watts for dynamic power.
The all-digital amplifier is powerful enough to ensure true-to-source sound accuracy. In addition, the great subwoofer is compatible with almost any AV receiver. The contemporary finish touch of the best subwoofer for music adds extra beauty to your home decor.
- Front-firing bass driver
- Minimal distortion
- Enough power output
- Affordable subwoofer
- Slightly bigger subwoofer
5. Legrand Amplified Subwoofer (Black)
Legrand Subwoofer is one of the excellent subwoofers at the lowest price in the market. The sound quality of the speaker is incredible. The tight bass of the device gives you a better music experience every time.
Moreover, the amplified subwoofer features volume controls and a power switch, making it a customized subwoofer. If you want high-level output, this subwoofer will be the best option for you.
- Phase reversal switch
- The variable crossover that blocks unwanted frequencies
- Designed with modern technology
- Perfect for home, office, and theatre use
- Not appealing shaped subwoofer
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Which is the best subwoofer for music?
A quality subwoofer must have low-frequency extension and precision in the frequency response to deliver immersive bass. Some of the best subwoofers for music include Polk Audio PSW10 Powered Subwoofer, Legrand Amplified Subwoofer, Sonos Wireless Subwoofer, MartinLogan Dynamo 600 X, SVS SB-2000, KEF Kube, and Polk Audio PSW505.
How do you distinguish between a subwoofer and a speaker?
It is only the frequency range that differentiates the subwoofer and the speaker. A subwoofer promotes the low frequencies in audio, whereas a speaker is used for medium and high range frequencies in audio or video.
How much power output is enough for a subwoofer?
Subwoofers range from 100 watts to 1000 watts. If you want a subwoofer for a large room, or for outdoor use you can pick a subwoofer of 500 watts or more. However, the subwoofer’s 100 watts power output is considered a minimum and safe output.
You might also like: 5 BEST SPEAKERS FOR SNOWBOARDING
Music is a part of our lives. The subwoofers effectively produce immersive bass that doubles the excitement of your listening. No matter how melodious a song is, if it doesn’t have quality bass, it won’t be as enjoyable to listen to. Hence, it is better to set up the best subwoofer for music.