Table of Contents
Starting a Website or a blog is a tedious task. It takes a lot of time, effort, and research to perfect it. But the part where most of us seem to get stuck is in finding creative and catchy website names. Coming up with a creative website name generator for a blog is a tricky task. It has to be relevant, reflect what you are writing about, be easy to remember, and most importantly, find an available domain name.
Today I would like to share with you the Website or Blog name generator tools that I regularly use for registering a catchy domain name for my website or blog.
What are Website Name Generator tools and How do they work?
Website Name Generator tools help you generate unique and creative domain names for your website based on the keywords you put in. These blog name generator tools work in the following ways –
- They suggest names for a blog or website which are relevant and available based on the keywords you put in
- They check if the domains corresponding to these websites or blog names are available
- They often offer an option to buy domains through domain registrars like Godaddy, Namecheap, NameSilo, and so on.
With these features, blog name generators can come in handy for a blogger or a new website creator. Most often, people choose a website name generator whenever they run out of ideas for finding creative domain names.
Whatever the case may be, a domain name generator can come in handy. But now you may ask me that which website name generator is worth your time? For that exact reason, I have listed below a few of the best domain name generator websites so that you don’t have to spend time in trial and error.
List of Free Website Name Generator (Online Tools)
Wordoid is a catchy website name generator that generates domain names that sound natural and catchy. You can create domain names with keywords in them or simply play with the program to find a variety of new made-up words. The features of Wordoid include –
- Wordoid offers its services in various languages such as English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German. You can pick any one language or mix and match them for fun.
- You can pick the quality of a Wordoid as high, medium, or low. The higher the quality of the Wordoid you choose, the more natural it sounds and feels like an actual word.
- You can add keywords or patterns to the Wordoid. You can add a fragment, a word, or a phrase to any part of the Wordoid. This will be included in the results according to what pattern you have picked.
- You can set the length for a Wordoid as per your convenience.
- Wordoid offers available domain names based on the results and you can buy the domains from GoDaddy through the Wordoid website.
- You can choose to leave all these fields blank and let Wordoid come up with completely random words.
Name Mesh has a colorful UI that sets the tone for finding your creative website name. When you add your targeted words and search in Name Mesh, it gives you a list of results based on your keywords. You are offered a variety of options to pick from SEO-focused, fun names. The features of Name Mesh include –
- Name Mesh has a color-coded UI. It shows available domains in green and non-available ones in red. You can also hide the domains which are not available.
- You can set the character length for your results generated in Name Mesh.
- Name Mesh also checks the social availability of the blog names. It checks the availability of your name on Facebook and Twitter.
- Name Mesh allows you to turn on or off additional domain extensions like .in, .io, etc. This allows you to browse through as many options as you like
- Name Mesh adds generic top-level domains (gtlds) such as .link, .email, .domains, etc as soon as the new ones are added
With its tons of features, NameMesh gives flexibility to its users to pick the best website name possible. Also NameMesh allows users to find short domain names through its “Short”, “Fun” & “Mix” features.
Panabee is a fun blog name generator that is simple to use without any hassles. All you need to do is add a keyword or two, and Panabee automatically gives you the results for your blog name. The features of Panabee are listed below –
- Panabee has a simple and fun looking UI which keeps the user engaged.
- Panabee gives out suggestions such as merged words, backward spelled keywords, missing vowels, etc. which makes the whole process quick and easy.
- Panabee offers you the option to select domain extensions as per your requirement.
- It also checks social media availability for the blog names that appear as a result.
- You can register the blog name if you like any suggestions through Panabee on GoDaddy directly.
- Panabee offers suggestions for related keywords as well. So that you can consider multiple options at once.
- It is a well-designed generator that offers suggestions quickly and without any hassle. The design is user-friendly and meant to be used as a necessary resource for bloggers.
Panabee is one of the most creative business name generator tools that generate catchy blog names. It has a horde of features that can allow bloggers to pick a name easily through the suggestions.
Lean Domain Search
When I was wondering how to find a domain name that ends or starts with a keyword name, I found Lean Domain Search as the best fit. It has options on the right-hand side where you can sort out the domains in terms of Popularity, Length, and Alphabet wise. This Website Name Generator tool populates hundreds of domain names in a fraction of a second. The only thing you need is to input your keyword and that’s it!
Here is why Lean Domain Search is one of the popular domain name generator tools –
- Allow you to sort results by popularity, length, and alphabetical order
- Can filter search terms by using “starting with” and “ending with”
- Option to copy all the search terms to clipboard (Very useful for Bulk Domain Name search)
- Generate thousands of Domain Names in less than a minute
- Option to check availability of Social Media handles like Twitter and Facebook
Instant Domain Search
As the name of this domain name generator implies, you can search a domain name for your website or blog in a flash!
This website name generator allows you to input any keyword and generates a number of combinations and ideas. You can also mix and match with an additional word if you can’t find the right domain name in the first instance. Unlike other website name generator tools discussed above, this will result in only limited names for one keyword.
Namelix is a Business Name Generator tool that is handy for someone looking for short and crispy branded business domain names. The Namelix Artificial Intelligence complies with a good number of creative domain name ideas for your business website.
Some of the features of Namelix creative business name generator are –
- Can easily find short, crispy, and brandable domain names
- Option to save the searched results
- Use negative keywords to find unique domain name ideas
- Instantly shows domain name availability in a single tick
- Option to generate brandable website names with or without keywords
Domain Wheel is another awesome website name generator that can help you to pull many domain name variants. It has the ability to suggest random and rhyming domain names that sounds great.
Unlike other website name generator tools above, Domain wheel allows you to register a domain name through Blue host services. So if you want your domain to be registered with other domain name registrars, then copy the list and input it into the respective domain registrar.
Apart from the above-mentioned website name generator tools, there are a few others you can try out, like –
- Shopify name generator
- Dot – o – mater
- Domain Hole
- Name Station
While almost all website name generator tools are fun to work with and complete their purpose, some are restricted to a particular demand.
For Example Panabee, NameMesh, Lean Domain Search com can give you a lot of variations and combinations.
Namelix is the best of the lot to give you an instant brandable domain name idea.
Instant Domain Search can pull only that list of domain names that are available for registration.
Wordoid can be your friend if you want unique and creative website names.
So it depends upon person to person and other needs of the business and trying more than one will not hurt too. In fact, you can try as many of those name generator tools to come up with the right domain name for your website.
Now I would like to know which of these domain name generator tools you use or like to try? Please comment the same in the comments section below.
An easy, and informative post. Looking forward to try these tools.
Thanks for landing on this page and good to know you found it useful and informative. Please let me know which one you liked the most after trying them out.
This is exactly one needs to visit before thinking of starting a new website. And great to see you blogging and writing after a long time. Welcome with such a nice name – Bloggingdock. COOL.
Thanks a lot for your kind words and encouragement. Yeah I have missed a lot in a year or so and hopefully will be back on track as soon as possible. Good to know you liked the domain name.. 🙂
Hey Gurunath, this was a really informative article. Keep up the good work, expecting more and more content from you. Cheers! 😀
Thanks for stopping by and happy to see you like the article. I will try by best to bring in more such informative posts and thank you 🙂
This is quite a nice comprehensive list you have mentioned which will help all beginners. I have never used a name generator though, for me it was more persona.
Thanks for spending time to read this post and finding it useful to you.
Yes, these tools are definitely helpful to the beginners.
Hopefully you might try a few of them for your next project 🙂
This is a great post for anyone starting out with blogging or building a website. Easy to understand…now I’m tempted to try these for my next blog on health 🙂
Nice to see you on this blog post and happy that you found it helpful and useful 🙂
I would be happy to see your feedback after trying them for your next blog 🙂
That’s an informative post, didn’t knew of so many portals suggesting such interesting names.
Thanks for the compliment and I hope this will help you in your future startups to make your life easy in finding a catchy and crispy domain names 🙂
This is such a resourceful post, naming your blog is one of the most difficult decisions. One has to take the plunge with a name based on various aspects. You have been alwsys helpful in sharing such vices for all bloggers in the community. Good luck for the new venture, keep rocking as always.
Thanks a lot for stopping by and happy to see you find this article of a good help and informative. Yes, it is quite a difficult task to brainstorm domain names and especially to fetch a catchy and brandable domain. Thanks a lot for your kind words and compliment 🙂
Very informative post. Thanks for sharing ?
Thank you so much 🙂
This is just the article I needed. My friend is looking for a catchy name for his new blog and these tools would be so helpful to him. Sharing your article and book marking it for the future. ?
Thanks for stopping by Nikita.
Hope your friend will find a catchy and crispy domain name using these name generator tools.
Thanks again for liking this article and bookmarking 🙂
That’s a very useful list. Let me share it with my friends.
Thanks for stopping by.
Glad that you found this list of domain name generator tools useful and thanks for sharing with your friends 🙂
Wow, this looks easy and helpful. A great info for bloggers.
I am happy to see you here in this post, Charu 🙂 Glad to see it is easy and useful to you and your blog friends 🙂
Lean domain is the best… using from last year and found many brandable domains for my site
Hi Gurunath Bro, I have used Lean Domain search. That was a great experience for me. This post is really nice and has a good list of all domain name generators. Lean Domain search is my favourite.
– Rahul (BloggingPal)
That’s a very useful list. Let me share it with my friends
Fantastic article. No stone left unturned! Enjoyed the post and liked all the mention points. I never knew this was so easy, I’ll be using this immediately. I’ve bookmarked for future reference.
these tools are amazing..thanks for posting this
This is a great article. I remember when I had to create the two websites of eshcs.com and esacademy-usa.com it wasn’t easy. These tools make it easier. I’ll be working on more websites eventually. Thank you for the tips!
Thanks a lot for the kind of perfect topic I have not a lot of information about it but I have got an extra unique info in your unique post.